The 2017 UK FinTech Census is out!
The 2017 UK FinTech Census was carried out by EY and Innovate Finance on behalf of Her Majesty’s Treasury and was designed to gather key insights directly from FinTechs, charting key areas of growth, as well as potential challenges.
Data was gathered on the specific areas of revenues, investment, talent, regulation and future expansion.
- The average UK revenue of respondents grew by 22% from 2014 to 2016, and average revenues reached £5m
- 50% of companies expect global revenue growth of over 100% in the next 12 months
- In aggregate, the FinTechs we surveyed (18% of the market) expect a total of £2.5bn for their next funding round
- 33% of companies expect an IPO to be likely in the next 5 years
- Coding and software development is the most difficult skill to find when recruiting (78% of respo
ndents rank this in their top 3 skills/ experiences hardest to find)
- Product and sales are the second and third skills/ experiences most difficult to find
- Europe and North America are the two most important regions for future expansion 964% said Europe was very important, 42% said North America)
- Attracting qualified or suitable talent is the single biggest challenge for FinTechs in 2017 (58% chose this as part of their top three challenges)your post here. You can insert images and videos by clicking on the icons above.
Download the full Census here